Adobe have just released an update to Premiere Pro. I have not tried the new version myself as yet and based on past experience I would probably suggest you wait to install it and monitor the Adobe Forums to see what happens to it in the real world, unless it fixes a problem which is causing you hassle.. Version 12.1 adds the following:
- Variable Frame Rate (VFR) support
- Toggle multi-cam in source monitor for active camera to fill screen
- Support for more video footage formats
- Option to keep clips vertically aligned as you move them across tracks
- Improved options to solo audio track in source monitor
- Ability to make existing project into a shared project alias
- Preview VR360 clips on HMD
- Option to match frame sets in point
- Sub-sequence improvements
- ..and fixes some bugs.
You can read more on what’s new here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new.html
The support for variable frame rate video is interesting as this is how many phones record these days (particularly ones starting with “I”), and up to now using this footage in Premiere caused sync problems. Premiere was not alone in this as most editing programs have problems with VFR footage.
You can download the update now through your Adobe CC app.