Here are some links to pages with useful information about EDIUS.
EDIUS.NET is the website of the main distributor of EDIUS and includes lots of useful information and download links:
- EDIUS.NET EDIUS information pages: https://www.edius.net/x
- The free test version of EDIUS X: https://www.edius.net/ediustrial.html
- The free basic tutorial : https://www.edius.net/tutorial.html
- EDIUS.NET Tutorial on Grass Valley Mync: https://www.edius.net/mync-downloads.html. My wn tutorial on Mync can be found here: Introduction to MYNC – DVC Training
- Podcasts from EDIUS.NET – various information and updated on EDIUS X: https://www.edius.net/podcast.html
- Download EDIUS updates – this page includes installers for EDIUS 8, 9 & X: https://www.edius.net/updates.html
- Grass Valley software codec – for use on machines that do not have EDIUS and let them understand Grass Valley HQx & HQX files: https://www.edius.net/hqx.html
Grass Valley website
Grass Valley have quite a bit of information on EDIUS as well, although there are more regular updates on EDIUS.NET.
Grass Valley changed their website in 2020 and some people have found it difficult to find the new link to their download site.
- This page contains links to download EDIUS 8, 9 and X: https://community.grassvalley.com/support/s/edius-and-prosumer
- This page leads to the old Grass Valley download sire for legacy products: https://wwwcms.grassvalley.com/auth. You will need a logon to get to these downloads and it will only show you items you have bought and registered.
Check your EDIUS licence
With EDIUS 8 and 9 you can make an EDIUS ID which stores your serial number (this is mandatory with EDIUS Pro). On this page is a link to the page to access your EDIUS ID info: https://wwwapps.grassvalley.com/edius8register/
There is a limit to how many times you can activate and deactivate EDIUS. If you want to check what the current status is on your licence you can visit this page and enter your serial number: http://activation1.grassvalley.com/flexnet/operationsportal/logon.do
Limit the time items are stored in the jobs list
EDIUS X has a list of previously completed jobs in the job monitor. You can limit this list so it refreshes every day. Click here for a picture showing how from Anton’s website: https://www.videoproductions.com.au/EDIUS-X/job-monitor-clear.png
EDIUS hints on the Grass Valley forum
Grass Valley have added a page of hints from the forum moderators which you can see here: https://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/editors/editing-with-edius/565877-tips-from-the-moderators