Introduction to Media Composer – 1 day – £300, group course £400
Media Composer is a program that is so packed with features that we could not cover all of it in a day. Our Avid course covers as much as possible and will get you up and working in Media Composer quickly, being able to handle the way Avid deals with Media and making the most of its great trimming tools.
A typical one day course:
- Introduction to Avid Media Composer and a very brief tour of the interface.
- Capture from your camera or how best to import footage if using card based media..
- Reviewing clips and organising on the timeline, and various editing short cuts.
- Audio mixing, recording in more dialogue or music.
- Titles – creating titles using the Avid title tool – Marque and other titles will not be covered.
- Effects – – This would mainly cover how to apply effects and how Avid’s “step in./step out” and nesting is used with effects. Of the huge variety of effects in Media Composer we would mainly look at those involved with colour correction and improving images. There is a lot in Avid but we would not have time to cover it. If you have a specific need – such as being able to easily blot out peoples faces for privacy reasons then we could make sure this is covered as well.
- Stills – how to add them to an edit, overlay and pan around them.
- Export to DVD/Blu-ray and other formats. This would include about an hour on the very basics of Avid DVD, and the best ways to export material to Avid DVD for authoring.