Below is a list of all the new features that have been added to EDIUS X so far. There will be continuous updates, free to anyone who has bought EDIUS X, until the next version of EDIUS is released. Grass Valley normally produce a major update every couple of years so this is likely to be towards the end of 2022 or in 2023.
Version 10.00 (9/15/2020)
- Background Rendering (Render service)
- Background Export (Render service)
- GV Job Monitor (Background processing monitoring tool)
- Improved VST2 Plug-in (Support “Latency” and “Shell”)
- Layouter Motion Tracking (Anchor Mode / Chase Mode)
- H.265/HEVC file export with hardware encoder in NVIDIA graphics cards
- GUI optimization
- Optimized Performance
- Optimized Audio Sync Performance
- Draft preview
- Bonus Content Plug-in (Free download)
Acon Digital EDIUS Editions
Compressor, Noise reduction, Reverb reduction, Limiter
proDAD VitaScene V4 EDIUS Edition
A variety of effects including intelligent smooth transitions
NewBlue Titler Pro 7 for EDIUS X
High-performance titler equipped with many design-rich templates
Version 10.10 (12/2/2020)
- Motion Tracking supports scale and rotation
EDIUS X is now able to use the scaling and rotation tracking information and transfer it to the attached or anchored object.
- Render and Add to Timeline, Between In/Out
This option (initially excluded in EDIUS X) is now available again.
- Thumbnail display in marker window.
- Easy cancellation of multiple jobs in the GV monitor.
- Support of Skin Tone line in Vector scope
EDIUS X now adds a skin tone line in the Vector scope that allows you to measure the colour of the skin.
Version 10.20 (12th May 2021)
The following features were added in 10.20:
- Background file conversion in Bin
You have always been able to select several files in the bin and convert them to a different format, now EDIUS X lets you do this in the background and gives you more options for the files you can create.
- ProRes RAW color space selection function
EDIUS X automatically detects the correct color space when importing ProRes RAW material.
- Job Monitor Tab
EDIUS X now offers an extended GV Job Monitor with more features including an additional “Job” Tab to review background jobs.
- H.264 file export leveraging NVIDIA GPU
In addition to Intel QuickSync EDIUS X now also benefits from compatible NVIDIA GPUs when encoding H.264/AVC.
- Faster processing
EDIUS X speeds up H.265 decoding, waveform generation, operations in complex projects and the rendering of nested sequences. EDIUS X speeds up the initialization of plug-ins and loads projects containing a multitude of QuickTitler titles faster.
- Extended Format Support
EDIUS X supports Sony α1 8K XAVC HS files, Canon EOS-1D X Mark III, EOS R5 RAW and IPB files as well as Apple ProRes RAW files recorded with Panasonic DC-S1H/ATOMOS NINJA V.
- Extended Color Space Support
EDIUS X preserves sRGB, DCI-P3 and P3-D65 color spaces when importing and exporting MOV/MP4 files and keeps the original clip’s color space when bin converting into different file formats.
- Extended Metadata Support
EDIUS X now shows metadata of MOV/MP4 files in the bin while the on-screen display can show timeline timecode, source timecode and user bit simultaneously.
- MP3 export and extra MXF options
EDIUS X can now export MP3 audio files. The EDIUS X Workgroup version also offers extended MXF file profile selection in the MXF exporter settings.
- Mync Update
Mync has also been updated with all new EDIUS X formats and features additional import settings as well as enhanced export options. In addition to H.264 and H.265 the user may now also export files as Grass Valley HQX and Apple ProRes.